Help us to protect & restore Morro Bay!
The Estuary Program offers different volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Some opportunities require an ongoing commitment while others are one-time events. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please read and fill out one (or both!) of the forms below. We will contact you when we have a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests!
The Monitoring & Restoration Volunteer Interest Form includes long-term, seasonal, and one-time volunteer opportunities. This may include:
– Support for restoration events
– Invasive plant monitoring (seasonal, limited)
– Water quality monitoring (long-term, limited)
– Spring bioassessment surveys (seasonal, limited)
The Events, Cleanups, & Education Volunteer Interest Form includes mostly one-time volunteer opportunities with our education and outreach program. This may include:
– Cleanups around the watershed
– Support for events and tabling
– Assistance with field trips and education programs
– Photography for our publications, blogs, website, etc.
Please keep in mind…
- Your information will be saved in our volunteer database where Estuary Program staff can review your interests, experience, and availability.
- We receive a large number of volunteer interest forms and regret that we cannot respond to each one individually. Staff will contact you if a position opens that matches your interests, experience, and availability.
Volunteer with our Partners!
Pacific Wildlife Care
Pacific Wildlife Care (PWC) is San Luis Obispo County’s only licensed rehabilitation center that cares for injured birds, mammals, and reptiles. PWC is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that is comprised of members, donors, volunteers and professional animal care staff who embrace and support the Mission, Vision, Commitment, and Values of the organization.
Creek Lands Conservation
Creek Lands Conservation takes action by designing projects that benefit aquatic ecosystems in Central Coast watersheds, providing water management solutions to partners to help develop secure and resilient water supplies, and getting people out into nature with impactful practices to create capable “eco stewards” that thrive on the Central Coast.
Central Coast Aquarium
The mission of the Central Coast Aquarium is to cultivate a community dedicated to ocean stewardship through education, engagement, and action.
The Land Conservancy of SLO County
The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County works cooperatively with both landowners and government agencies to find positive, mutually beneficial solutions. Their goal is to help prevent poorly planned development, protect drinking water sources, restore wildlife habitat and promote family farmlands and ranches.
Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers
The mission of Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers (CCCMB) is to expand the network of sustainable and enjoyable trails in SLO County and to maintain the trails currently in use. Since 1987, CCCMB has worked with variouis partners in designing and building new trails and maintaining existing ones.
Morro Bay in Bloom
Morro Bay in Bloom is a charitable volunteer organization that is dedicated to the beautification of Morro Bay. Morro Bay in Bloom’s community efforts include landscaping public spaces, urban forestry, environmental stewardship, and more. Morro Bay in Bloom is affiliated with America in Bloom, a national program that encourages civic beautification.