See articles below for selected news coverage featuring the Estuary Program, related projects, and recent press releases.
Selected Media Coverage
- “How Good is the Water Quality off Morro Bay Coast? New Sensors Track Conditions in Real Time” The Tribune, August 29, 2023.
- “Morro Bay National Estuary Program and CA State Parks host post-Fourth of July beach cleanup” KSBY, July 5, 2023.
- “Morro Bay Estuary receives Federal Funding for Conservation Management Plan” KCBX, March 16, 2023
- “Harold J. Miossi and San Luis Obispo: The Impact of a Legacy” Creek Lands Conservation, March 1, 2023.
- “Eelgrass Almost Died Off in Morro Bay Estuary. Now, it’s made a Record Rebound” The Tribune, November 2, 2022.
- “Morro Bay Estuary Program gets $4.5 million from EPA. How will the Money be used?” The Tribune, August 22, 2022.
- “New Funding Coming to Morro Bay National Estuary Program to Help Preserve ‘Nurseries for the Ocean’ “ KCBX, August 3, 2022
- “Study Identifies Morro Bay Estuary as Site to Restore Native Oysters,” KCBX, Beth Thornton, October 11, 2021.
- “Eelgrass in Morro Bay estuary may be bouncing back. What’s causing recovery?” The Tribune, John Lindsey, August 24, 2021.
- “A changing habitat,” New Times, Kasey Bubnash, July 22, 2021.
- “Morro Bay Seagrass Loss Causes Shift in Populations,” Atascadero News, July 14, 2021
- “Volunteers Needed to Plant Habitat and Food sources for Monarch Butterflies at Sweet Springs Nature Preserve in Los Osos,” Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District, Newsletter: Summer 2021, July 1, 2021.
- “CSLRCD Receives Grant Funding for Two Watershed Management Projects: Morro Bay Estuary,” Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District, Newsletter: Summer 2021, July 1, 2021.
- “Report: Vital Seagrass Restoration Needs Real Estate to Thrive,” Public News Service, Eric Tegethoff, June 29, 2021.
- “Loss of CA Eelgrass Leads to Coastal Erosion, Hurts Marine Life,” Public News Service, Suzanne Potter, June 29, 2021.
- “Ecological Reserve Project Complete,” Estero Bay News, Theresa-Marie Wilson, January 15, 2021.
- “What lurks beneath: PG&E and water board reach draft settlement over water flushed back into ocean from Diablo Canyon Power Plant,” New Times, Peter Johnson, December 17, 2020.
- “Upside Ska plays a Nov. 19 streaming benefit concert for the Morro Bay National Estuary Program,” New Times, Glen Starkey, November 20, 2020.
- “Conservation groups complete Chorro Creek restoration project, benefiting the Morro Bay watershed,” New Times, Peter Johnson, September 17, 2020.
- “Help Keep Morro Bay Wild,” Living Lavishly, Spring and Summer 2020, by Rachel Pass of the Morro Bay National Estuary Program.
- Morro Bay National Estuary Program awarded $34,000 for Eelgrass Expansion projects by Pacific Marine & Estuarine Fish Habitat Partnership, November 5, 2019.
- “Morro Bay lost 90% of its eelgrass. Here’s how scientists are trying to save the key plant” July 22, 2019. The Tribune, by Carrie Schuman.