There are many wonderful local groups that work to keep Morro Bay clean and healthy. Several of them are hosting community cleanup events tomorrow, Saturday, July 9. Put on some sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and layered clothing, then head out to join the fun!
Shoreline Cleanup with the Estuary Program, State Parks, & California Coastal Trail Association
State Park Marina, 9 a.m., Saturday, July 9
Join the Morro Bay National Estuary Program, California State Parks, and the California Coastal Trail Association), to clean up Windy Cove and the Morro Bay State Park Marina. You’ll help keep Morro Bay clean and healthy, and get a chance to work with this year’s Coastwalk Ambassadors, Morgan and Jocelyn, during their 1,200 mile expedition. They’re hiking to raise awareness about the California Coast Trail and to build a connected community of coastal stewards. That’s a goal we can get behind! Find the Facebook event here.
- Meet at the Morro Bay State Park Marina Parking lot.
- This event is family friendly.
- Gloves and bags provided.
- Please bring water, load up on sunscreen, and dress in layers.
Volunteer Work Party with Morro Coast Audubon Society at Sweet Springs Nature Preserve
Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, 9 a.m., Saturday, July 9
Morro Coast Audubon Society has managed the Sweet Springs Nature Preserve since 1988. They acquired the east parcel in 2008, and they take care of this beloved local spot with the help of Audubon Society members and other volunteers. They have work parties to maintain the preserve each month, typically on the second Saturday at 9 a.m.
- Meet at the main entrance to Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, on Ramona.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Bring work gloves and sturdy, layered, work clothing.
- Activities include weeding and tending to restoration plants.
Bayshore Bluffs Monthly Cleanup with Eco Rotary Club of Morro Bay
Bayshore Bluffs Park, 10 a.m.
Eco Rotary Club of Morro Bay has adopted Bayshore Bluffs Park. They clean and maintain it at monthly work parties, which are a lot of fun.
- Meet at Bayshore Bluffs Park at 10 a.m.
- Cleanup equipment provided. Please bring gloves if possible.
Garden Beautification with Morro Bay in Bloom
Morro Bay Visitor Center, Chamber of Commerce and Morro Bay Library, 9 a.m.
Morro Bay in Bloom beautifies Morro Bay two hours at a time. You can join them for fun and informal work parties almost every Saturday.
- Meet at the Visitor Center/Chamber of Commerce building in Morro Bay.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.