2015 marks our 20th anniversary, and we have a lot to celebrate:
- We’re celebrating the fact that a group of passionate and dedicated people recognized Morro Bay for the national treasure it is and worked to protect it.
- We’re celebrating twenty years of successful restoration and conservation projects in the watershed.
- Most of all, we’re celebrating you.
We’re giving thanks for each and every community member, partner, and visitor who has done their part over the years to keep these beautiful waters clean.
Because of the important part you’ve played in protecting and restoring the estuary, we want to share some of our successes with you. You can find them in our special edition 20th anniversary annual report.
You’ll see a timeline that shows our major milestones, check out the projects we’re taking on right now, learn what community grants we’ve funded, and hear tales about the early days from two of our founding supporters. Just click the report cover above to start reading.
You’re also invited to celebrate the bay with us! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the anniversary events we’re planning:
- March 1, come to Art Center Morro Bay to see a special estuary-themed collection. This traveling show focuses on the beauty of the bay; it will also be featured at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art and the office of Deanna Richards, Edward Jones, this spring.
- March 14, bring your pup and enjoy our second annual DogFest in City Park. There will be fun and treats for humans and dogs alike.
- March 20, learn how to grow a lush, bay-friendly garden with the staff at Sage Ecological Landscapes and Nursery.
- More events to come!
Please visit our Events page for more details, and to see what’s going on throughout the year. Thanks again for all you do to keep our waters clean and to protect our bay for future generations. We look forward to seeing you at one of these celebratory events soon!